Saturday, December 7, 2013

Thoughts on Elizabeth Calhoon's PLN Presentation

I was very impressed with Elizabeth's PLN presentation. I felt that in the short amount of time she spoke she really opened my eyes up to the importance of PLN networks. I have been really hesitant to create a Twitter account because I have always associated it with celebrities. My perception of Twitter has been that it is used for promoting purposes and quite frankly I am not that relevant to be sending out tweets. After her presentation I now realize that many professionals use it and it is a great resource for future educators like myself. I am very excited to start using Twitter and Elizabeth really alleviated my fears by explaining that I do not have to feel obligated to tweet anything. In addition, I was thankful for the various sites she presented. I really enjoyed the fakebook site and thought it would be a great tool to use when teaching history. I think Elizabeth is a great example of why teachers should continue to educate themselves when it comes to the advances in technology. She to was hesitant to incorporate PLN networks in her everyday life and now it is her career!!

No comments:

Post a Comment